Sunday, May 22, 2016

Ali Babba's - Richardson, TX

Quick review.  I was on my way to the ballet and stopped in to grab a quick bite.  There wasn't any time for appetizers but if the meal was any indication of the quality of this place, I'm definitely going back.  (yes, I will address the ballet comment later)

Ali Babba's is on the south bound side of 75 and it's a trick getting out of but worth the effort.
The signage is clear and the wait staff was
I ordered a lamb kabob and it came with a side of vegetables and rice.

Rice is one of the harder dishes to do right because it's so easy to do wrong and often, it's smothered in sauce so you can't taste it anyway.  It's merely a filler and not a dish.
If treated right, rice has a flavor worth tasting and can compliment a meal.  It's like a neutral colored couch with a pop of color.
The rice at Ali babba's was just that.  Small amounts of butter heightened the flavor of the rice while cutting through the starch.  It was the first time in a long time I wanted to linger over rice.
The vegetables were everything a grilled vegetable should be: hot and crunchy.  I do love a good char on a vegetable and these were not charred but they were lightly seasoned and perfectly textured so I'll forgive them for not catering to my every whim.  I can respect both methods of serving hot vegetables.
The true star was the lamb kabob.  Crispy edges, juicy, medium rare, and perfectly seasoned.  I could taste the lamb and what was even more amazing is that you could combine all the ingredients on the plate and still not overwhelm the taste buds.  In my memory, this was the most perfectly cooked kabob I've ever had.

Well done, Ali Babba's.

I give Ali Babba's a 10 out of 10.  I will need to go back next time there is a ballet fundraiser in Richardson.  (that's why I was at the ballet... plus, when you eat food like this, you don't feel quite so bad about your own body image watching dancers at the peak of their fitness)

Happy Eating, y'all.








No comments:

Post a Comment